Tips and tricks to maintain your tiles
If the tile is the material more resistant to wear and cleaning products, it is necessary to take care to maintain its appearance. Rules to follow and pitfalls to avoid for the maintenance of its tiles. Here are some tips that can help you to maintain the shine & strength of your tiles for a long period of time.
Always start by sweeping or vacuuming the floor. Then wash your floor with a wet mop with warm water and detergent (soap, cleaning floors or special multipurpose cleaner). Do not use corrosive as it can damage the cement joints. Wipe with warm water and dry or let dry.
Restore the shine of your tiles by washing with a sponge dampened in warm water with a little detergent and a few drops of ammonia (remember to open the windows). The alternative, window cleaners and rubbing alcohol. Let dry and then apply linseed oil to brush on the floor. Let dry and apply a second coat. Keep in mind that.
- Protect your marble or granite tiles by applying a waterproofing stain.
- If the floor is sticky, rinse with water mixed with white vinegar. If it is very sticky, use undiluted white vinegar.
- Lime spots: Place a cloth soaked in white vinegar or rubbing alcohol if the tile is very dirty.
- Cement stains: Rub vinegar on the tile boiled with a stiff brush.
- Inkblots: Moisten a cloth on the floor soaked in bleach just diluted.
- Grease stains: Wipe the floor with soapy water. If the stain remains, wipe with undiluted white vinegar.
- Splotches of paint or sealant: Rub the tiles with a cloth dampened with rubbing alcohol.
- Patches of plaster: Wet the tiles with boiling vinegar. When the plaster has softened, remove with a wooden spatula.
Things to avoid when cleaning the tile
- Never use detergent containing hydrofluoric acid.
- Avoid abrasive cleaning tools such as steel wool. Also avoid the use of acids, alkalies and waxing products. Place a mat to avoid getting dirt and abrasive pebbles inside the house.
- Do not drop heavy objects. Place rugs or mats where falling objects is the most common, especially in the kitchen.
- If the tiles in your are too old to clean, It is better to try a new one in order to give the interior of your house a new look.